WARREN, RI, May 2, 2008 – Jesse Lipson, CEO and Founder of ShareFile, which has 175,000 users in 120 countries and more than 2,500 paid subscriber accounts, will share the concepts behind their online subscription business forecasting model on Monday, May 12, 2008, 10:45 a.m., at MarketingSherpa's Selling Online Subscriptions Summit. He will give specific examples of how models can be used to understand the impact of customer acquisition costs, churn rate, ad spending and other activities on growing a successful online subscription business.
Lipson will answer the following key questions from his experience at ShareFile, which offers a solution for businesses that need to share files with clients securely and professionally:
* How many months will it take to recover customer acquisition costs?
* What is the forecast for the number of subscribers in six months, one year, three years?
* At a given level of ad spending, how long will it take to reach 5,000 customers?
* What impact will an improvement in the registration process have on product revenues in 12 months?
* How much money should be spent on acquiring new customers?
MarketingSherpa's 8th Annual Selling Online Subscriptions Summit will be held at the Museum of Jewish Heritage in Battery Park in New York City, May 12-13, 2008. In addition to Lipson's session, the MarketingSherpa event offers the latest case studies on how to raise subscription sales in a recession-type economy, present market research on selling online subscriptions, and include sessions from leading online subscription marketers on tools and tactics that can improve online conversions and revenues. Selling Online Subscriptions Summit is expected to attract more than 350 top executives in the paid online content and subscriber services industries.
“Jesse Lipson took a very analytical approach when he started ShareFile. The result is a healthy number of subscribers in a relatively brief period,” said Eric Stockton, President of MarketingSherpa. “The recounting of his practical, analytical steps will, I'm sure, be quite useful for the Summit participants.”
To register for MarketingSherpa Selling Online Subscription Summit, visit:
MarketingSherpa - http://www.marketingsherpa.com
- is a research firm publishing practical case studies and benchmark guides for its community of marketers and thousands of weekly case study readers. Topics covered include practical how-to and exclusive data and proven tactics in business-to-business marketing, ecommerce marketing, email marketing, search marketing, telemarketing, media relations, landing page design, marketing measurement and online subscription marketing. The firm also operates six annual Summits attended by thousands of marketers. MarketingSherpa, along with MarketingExperiments and InTouch, is part of the MECLABS Group.
415 643 8947