by David Kirkpatrick
, Senior Reporter
Mobile marketing is becoming an essential channel for all marketers and also provides particular opportunities for B2B marketers.
Prospects are increasingly using mobile devices of all forms — tablets and smartphones — to interact with your content marketing, website and email marketing strategies. Also, this interaction is happening in more personal, non-business settings and times.
Understanding mobile marketing allows B2B marketers to take full advantage of these opportunities.
To provide insight into what your peers think about mobile marketing, the latest MarketingSherpa research is featured in the 2012 Mobile Marketing Benchmark Report
You can download an excerpt of this research at no cost — free download and no registration form required — that includes 10 research charts with insights from the marketers we surveyed along with 10 key takeaways, including:
- 76% of surveyed marketers are not tracking customers’ mobile adoption.
- Mobile data tracked skews toward user device experience over other metrics such as operating system, time-of-day usage, demographics and geographic location.
- Fast-loading and simple mobile pages lead mobile content tactics by 21% over the number two tactic, contextualizing the message for the mobile experience.
- Our research found mobile marketing is effective when combined with other tactics such as mobile payment, mobile email and mobile-optimized websites.
- Mobile marketing is in the six-month plans of a majority of marketers, and 53% of surveyed marketers reported mobile taking 30%, or more, of the 2013 budget.
Although 61% of surveyed marketers reported mobile marketing is expected to be a significant aspect of future success, 55% reported not having an effective mobile strategy in place.Download your free excerpt You will not be asked to fill out a form. This is a direct download.