Rob Palmer over at Freelance Work Exchange wrote in to proudly say that he's just hit 1,400 members paying $30 month for the subscription service which serves people want to work freelance from home. The site uses a wide variety of clever subscription marketing tactics to capture the order, or failing that capture your email for future marketing efforts, including:
- A 7-day free trial, but you have to submit your credit card to get it started
- A content offer that appears to be worth more than the cost of the first month's subscription right away. In this case an ebook that's full of advice for freelance professionals.
- Community to keep subscribers involved.
- A grey, functional, join-list pop-up that doesn't require you to type in your email, just click "ok" button.
- Hugely benefit-oriented copy written using the language the target market uses themselves.
- More than 100 testimonials (and a link on the home page nav bar reading "100 testimonials").
- A real-guy photo of the site publisher looking like, well a real trustworthy guy. Not clipart or a slick salesman.
The views and opinions expressed in the articles of this website are strictly those of the author and do not necessarily reflect in any way the views of MarketingSherpa, its affiliates, or its employees.