Rob Palmer over at Freelance Work Exchange wrote in to proudly say that he's just hit 1,400 members paying $30 month for the
subscription service which serves people want to work freelance from home. The site uses a wide variety of clever subscription marketing tactics to capture the order, or failing that capture your email for future marketing efforts, including:
- A 7-day free trial, but you have to submit your credit card to get it started
- A content offer that appears to be worth more than the cost of the first month's subscription right away. In this case an
ebook that's full of advice for freelance professionals.
- Community to keep subscribers involved.
- A grey, functional, join-list pop-up that doesn't require you to type in your email, just click "ok" button.
- Hugely benefit-oriented copy written using the language the target market uses themselves.
- More than 100 testimonials (and a link on the home page nav bar reading "100 testimonials").
- A real-guy photo of the site publisher looking like, well a real trustworthy guy. Not clipart or a slick salesman.
It's a combo between an ebook, community and classified jobs site. Interesting idea.