MarketingSherpa Video Archive
More Alike than Different: Why email is Madonna, and Facebook is Lady Gaga
Jay Baer, Convince and Convert
"All of us in email have heard social media is going to kill email, and people don't need emails because they can use messaging. But, do not panic — email is not going anywhere, ever."
At Email Summit 2013, Jay Baer, President, Convince and Convert, gave his presentation "More Alike than Different: Why email is Madonna, and Facebook is Lady Gaga," in which he discussed why integrating email and social media programs at companies is becoming more essential every day.
"Facebook is a tool we use to help people keep our company at the top of their minds, which is exactly what email does," Baer said.
In this Summit presentation replay, you will also learn:
Download the slides to this presentation
- The three areas of integration of email and Facebook
- How to discover what a Facebook fan is worth to your company using similar metrics as email
- Why email people and Facebook people in your company should be the same people
- How to surround your audience with connection options
- Ideas for message integration testing with email and Facebook
- And much more
Related ResourcesEmail Summit 2014 in Las Vegas MarketingSherpa Email Summit 2013 Wrap-up: Top 5 takeaways for email marketersMarketingSherpa Email Summit 2013: Social media is email with fresh paintB2B Social Media: Video of Jay Baer destroying social media myths