May 11, 2000
SUMMARY: No summary available. || |
By Sacha Cohen, editor
The Oxygen Tank Tour melds a little good old-fashioned face time with hefty corporate sponsorships from the likes of Starbucks, Oldsmobile, and Hewlett-Packard. Recently, the Airstream “tank” made its way to Louisville, KY, just in time to benefit from the buzz of the Kentucky Derby. Other stops have included Princeton, NJ; the Atlanta marathon; and the Neiman Marcus Adolpus Children's Parade in Dallas.
Maybe we’re a bit dense, but if you can figure out the promotion’s true raison d’etre from a quick glance at the Web site, more power to you. To get the real scoop, however, check out the company’s press release archive. In it, you’ll discover that the cross-country bus tour was designed to “encourage women to participate in co-creating Oxygen's television and online programming.” During the tour, women are also invited to participate in the Oxygen/Markle Pulse research initiative and in Oxygen's advocacy and community-building efforts.
Offer: Hang with the Oxygen crew and get free Starbuck’s coffee, a free massage, and plenty of Oxygen paraphernalia.
* A silver Airstream "Tank," outfitted as a traveling production studio.
* A mobile demo truck that houses the Oxygen online demonstration area, listening centers, a media wall and computers.
* A tented festival pavilion that includes the Oxygen "Live" Tent -- featuring guest speakers, local celebrities and musicians.
* The Oxygen "Wish You Were Here" Tent where you can have your photos taken digitally and can email a digital postcard to friends and family.
* The Oxygen Wall, a monument to women celebrating themselves. “It will be built from the words and ideas of women across the country who share their thoughts with us on what's great about being a woman.”
The campaign ends in August.
Results so far:
* Events totaling more then 240,000 people, averaging 8,000 attendees per event.
* Local Market Radio: 514 spots, 310 promos, 513,500 listeners reached.
* Oxygen Tank, MDU and Truck: 1,160,000 visual impressions (based on 8,000 miles traveled)
* Wild Posters: over 30,000 posters and 100,000 flyers distributed
* Press: 15,229,260 impressions
Miscellaneous: Oxygen also partnered with WAGES (Women’s Alliance for Gainful Employment). WAGES seeks to promote, support and advance a community of organizations that provide professional attire, career skills and client services to low-income women seeking employment and self-sufficiency.