Jul 08, 2008
SUMMARY: No summary available. || |
MarketingSherpa reports so much about metrics that we sometimes forget that marketing is more than a bunch of numbers. It's not always about the clickthroughs or ROI; after all, the people are the ones who make it all happen.
Editorial Director Tad Clarke has been guiding Sherpa's newsletters and publications for the past 27 months. He leaves Sherpa on July 11 to become Director of Content Strategy at Bredin Business Information in Cambridge, MA. In the time Tad has been with Sherpa, he has been consistent, capable and unflappable, and his contributions number in the millions:
• Sent 27,495,330 newsletters to Sherpa subscribers
• Slogged though 33,019 emails that are still in his inbox
• Drank 1,246 Diet Pepsis (OK, maybe 20 or 30 were Diet Cokes) to get all those newsletters delivered
• Helped reporters put together 214 Case Studies
• Oversaw 161 how-to articles
• Selected 114 marketing books for Sherpa's weekly book contest
• Directed 36 Special Reports on everything from marketing to India to how to purchase advertising on blimps
• Spoke at 17 virtual and live Sherpa events
• Supervised 13 Sherpa Benchmark Guides and Handbooks
• Launched 3 new Sherpa newsletters
Those may be the numbers, but they don't define Tad. He has been a true Sherpa, leading the editorial team and watching over the brand. We wish him much success in his new position at BBI. He leaves some big shoes to fill.