Jul 13, 2004
SUMMARY: No summary available. || |
Today InfoCommerce Group announced their picks for the top 15 "Models of Excellence" innovative database and directory products.
Worth noting: these were chosen by editors who like the interactivity and editorial quality and not by business analysts who like the bottom line. So, while I'm sure some are profitable, others may be great stuff that doesn't make a dime...
* All Media Guide (www.allmediaguide.com), a detailed and current database of all movies, music and computer games.
* CoStar Property Professional(www.costar.com), a database that contains detailed information on commercial buildings.
* The Engineering Search Engine, (www.globalspec.com), which couples a high-end buying guide with a vertical search engine.
* eStat Database (www.emarketer.com), an aggregation of statistics on e-business and online marketing.
* EuroInfoPool(www.euroinfopool.com), a common interface to the official corporate registration databases of 12 major European nations.
* HighBeam Research, (www.highbeam.com), an online research engine for individuals that fills the gap between free search engines and high-end information services.
* HotelGuide.com, (www.hotelguide.com), an Internet database of hotels that allows direct reservations by consumers.
* ImageAtlas,(www.globexplorer.com), a database that correlates detailed aerial and satellite photographs to latitudes and longitudes.
* O Series Software, (www.vertexinc.com), a program that allows corporate users to centrally administer sales tax, use tax and value added tax collection.
* Physician Quality Reports(www.healthgrades.com), which provides background information and ratings of nearly 600,000 individual physicians.
* Realtors.com (www.homestore.com), a database of more than 2 million homes for sale nationwide at any given time.
* IMDB (www.imdb.com), a one-stop database of more than 375,000 movies.
* TripAdvisor (www.tripadvisor.com), a comprehensive travel search engine and directory.
* WAND Online Directory, (www.wandinc.com), a multi-lingual product taxonomy, including more than 1 million distinct product attributes.
* Technology Marketing Reports, (www.wendovercorp.com), a powerful database that offers directory style contact information on companies that purchase IT products and services.